Yemen: journalist threatened for covering anti-Jewish attack
A group of tribesmen in Amran governate of north Yemen assaulted and threatened a reporter from NewsYemen service last week over his coverage of the trial for the murder of a leader of the country's Jewish community, Moshe Yaish Nahari, who was apparently killed by an Islamist militant. The reporter, Mahmoud Taha, said that tribesmen accosted him outside the Amran Criminal Court Dec. 31. In a press release, the chief editor of NewsYemen, Nabil al-Sufi, condemned the harassment of Taha, who he said was carrying out his duty as a journalist with neutrality. He held the security authorities responsible for Taha's life. (NewsYemen, Dec. 31)
See our last post on Yemen.
World War 4 Report. Use it or lose it:














Recent Updates
1 hour 51 min ago
1 hour 57 min ago
2 hours 4 min ago
2 hours 38 min ago
15 hours 30 min ago
2 days 15 hours ago
2 days 15 hours ago
2 days 15 hours ago
2 days 15 hours ago
2 days 15 hours ago